This Transylvanian Snowshoeing tour will take us in two different regions of the Carpathian Mountains, highly appreciated by tourists from all over the world. The Piatra Craiului and Bucegi Mountains are especially well preserved and offer perfect surroundings for unforgettable hiking. You will understand this as soon as you will see the pure natural beauty and splendor of the landscapes. But what will impress you even more are the tranquil, peaceful rural areas where you will be immersed in a long forgotten traditional world. An unforgettable journey, a surprisingly step back in time.
Your day by day program
Arrival in Brasov. Meeting your guide at 18h at your hotel. Free time for dinner on your own and night in Brasov. Private transfer from Bucharest Airport available upon request. No meal included.
Transfer from Brasov to Fundatica. This day has in store for us a splendid winter trekking that will take us across several countryside villages that are still today in absolute harmony with the nature. Amongst them we will have a closer look at the village of Fundatica which is probably best known for its pastoral traditions. Famous for its smoked cheese, this village will give us the opportunity to have a delicious stop when we’ll have a meal. Dinner and overnight in a traditional guesthouse at the foot of the Bucegi massif.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner. (two sections of approx. 2-3h each, one of +100/-400m., the other one of +200/-200m.).
Today’s walk will take us in the Bucegi Natural Park. We will admire a wonderful and picturesque scenery from the foot of Bucegi’ spectacular ridge. This special place will offer us breathtaking views over the King`s Stone Mountains (Piatra Craiului). Night at the same guesthouse as the night before.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner (approx. 5h, +/-650m).
Our snowshoeing tour will take us today on one of the most traditional villages of the Carpathians Mountains. Single-trail paths through dark woods pierced by bright meadows will lead us to the National Park of Piatra Craiului. Dinner and overnight in a small, remote village.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner (approx. 5h, +550/-550m)
Today we shall carry on in the foothills of the mighty Piatra Craiului, across sometimes inhabited, some other times wild scenery. In clear weather we shall enjoy great views of the Bucegi across the Bran Culoir. In the evening we shall be accommodated in a traditional guesthouse in Magura Village.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner (approx. 6h, +600/-600m)
A longer walk today will lead us to the cozy alpine hut of Curmatura. After reaching the valley bottom, we shall have a steady climb to a beautiful meadow with opening views over the ridge. From there a beautiful trail in the woods on flat terrain will bring us to Curmatura where a fire and a tasty meal is waiting for us. After that we return to the valley passing through the impressive gorges of Zarnesti. Stone walls high as 200m will impress us while crossing the canyon. In the evening we shall have a transfer to Brasov, a beautiful medieval town, where we will
Breakfast, lunch, dinner (approx. 5h, +550/-750).
If Magura village is one of the most picturesque, we definitely have to go up on the peak of Magura to take in the views from the top. Astonishing views of the villages and ridges of Bucegi mountains and Piatra Craiului ridge are waiting for us! After lunch at the guesthouse, we shall have a transfer to Bucharest; optionally we can be driven by Bran Castle (no visit included). Dinner not included.
Breakfast, lunch (approx. 3-4h, +/-400m).
Breakfast at the hotel. End of the trip. Private transfer to the airport after breakfast upon demand. Breakfast.
Other possible departures for groups already formed.
- At your hotel in Brasov on Day 1, evening. Transport from Bucharest centre / Bucharest OTP Airport optional (train or private transfer).
- After your breakfast at the hotel in Bucharest on day 8. Private transfer to the airport optional.
- 5 nights in guesthouses in traditional mountain villages (double rooms with showers and WC)
1 night in a 3 * hotel in Brasov
1 nights in a 3 * hotel in Bucharest
- Minimum of 6 people. Maximum of 10
- 6 days of snowshoeing. Medium level (accessible to anyone walking regularly in the year). Maximum of 5 hours of trekking per day.
- During the hikes the luggage will be transferred between the accommodations by car. Just carry your essentials for the day (eg picnic, camera)
- Snowshoes rental (without trekking poles) : 50€
- Trekking poles : 20€
- Single supplement : 125€
- Private transfer Bucharest OTP Airport - Bucharest city centre - max. 3 people : 30€
- Private transfer Bucharest city centre - Brasov, one way, price / service, 1-3 persons. : 160€
- Private transfer Bucharest OTP Airport - Brasov, one way, price / service, 1-3 persons. : 140€
- Small group departure supplements: 5 people departure (per person) : 100€
- Small group departure supplements: 4 people departure (per person) : 150€
- Small group departure supplements: 3 people departure (per person) : 300€
- Small group departure supplements: 2 people departure (per person) : 540€
- Extra night, Bucharest, 3* hotel, price per DBL BB : 78€
- Extra night, Brasov, 3* hotel, price per DBL BB : 82€
- English speaking guide (Day 1 in the evening - Day 7) with a first aid kit
- accommodation (Day 1 - Day 7)
- meals (7 breakfasts, 5 picnics and 4 dinners)
- all transfers (Day 2 - Day 7)
- snowshoe and stick rental
- entry fees to attractions
- articles of personal nature
- drinks, other than water
Mysteries of the Carpathian Mountains and Saxon citadels of Transylvania
Transylvania - Walk & drive - 8 days / 7 nights