We roam the hills of the Balkans and visit the historic city of Elena, a settlement dating back to the 15th century.
The clock tower (Chasovnikova kula) with an ancient clock mechanism (from 1812) rises at the highest point of the city.
A short and unique holiday in Bulgaria.
Your day by day program
Arrival in Elena (140 km from Ruse). After accommodation, we will take a walk through the city center (about 1h). A typical, beautiful and inviting Balkan atmosphere awaits us here to be felt. Accommodation at a 3 * hotel for 2 nights.
After breakfast, we start from the village of Mijkovtsi or from Tvarditsa Pass, if we want a shorter version, on an easy hike to the top of Chumerna. On the way, we do a stop near the Hristovski waterfall. We will pass through many picturesque places. Although the waterfall is only 9 m high, it is very beautiful, being also a protected area.
In the evening we return to the hotel.
Hiking duration: 4 hours, +/- 900m
On our last day we will visit the beautiful town of Veliko Tărnovo, the fortress of Tsars or take one last walk to the medieval Monastery of the Transfiguration, located in a picturesque place near the village of Samovodene, at a distance of only 6 km from Veliko Tarnovo. On our way, we'll also visit the Kapinovo monastery with the nearby waterfall.
The end of the trip.
Departures for groups formed on request
- town of Elena
- town of Elena
- Double rooms with private bathroom
- Minimum of 6 people. Maximum of 12
- Easy level. A 2 or 4 hour hike
- Single room supplement : 30€
- 2 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3 * hotel
- 1 picnic lunch
- Authorized Bulgarian, English-speaking guide from day 2 to day 3
- Guided visits of Veliko Tarnovo, Tsarevets fortress
- Local transfers mentioned
- Transport to / from Bulgaria (departure from Bucharest)
- Other meals
- Other expenses not mentioned