This journey will take you to the nicest areas of the Carpathian Mountains where you will most certainly enjoy the wonderful natural setting and peaceful atmosphere. If you are looking for thrills, look no further as this will be an unforgettable adventure among scattered villages, impressive mountain tops and a very warm culture.
Your day by day program
Your adventure begins in Bucharest. We will meet you at the North train station whereyou will board a train to Brasov. Once you arrived in Brasov, you will embark on a second train to Zarnesti, a gorgeous mountain town. Accommodation and dinner in a cosy guesthouse.
Ride through the Zarnesti Gorges to the cosy Curmatura Hut. These Gorges were nicknamed by locals "The Abysses" because they present vertical walls of 200m and offer colours of an extraordinary variety, especially throughout autumn. The end of the day will bring you to a superb traditional village with great views to the crests of the surrounding mountains.(~ 26km, +850m, -600m). Accommodation in a traditional guesthouse. Breakfast, lunch, dinner included.
Today you continue the cycling at the feet of the Piatra Craiului Mountains in this bucolic landscape in the middle of pastures, sheepfolds and woods. You will cross scattered villages which to have stopped the time. You will see stunning landscapes of the surrounding mountains. Night in a popular village at the foot of Bucegi Mountains. (~ 35km, +900m, -100m). Dinner and accommodation in a lovely guesthouse. Breakfast, lunch, dinner included.
Small trip outside this pastoral world to visit the Bran Castle. This castle, built in the 14th century, always had a role of defence against the migratory peoples. Later it protected Transylvania from the Ottoman invasions. The castle was also associated during a long time with the prince Vlad Tepes of Walachia. Born in Transylvania, he is at the origin of the fictional character of Dracula. Today’s trip ends in Rasnov, a lovely town, home to a splendid fortress from the 13th century. Night in a cosy guesthouse just next to the fortress. (~ 20km, +400m, -500m). Breakfast, lunch, dinner included.
Today you will ride through beautiful scenery, passing through Poiana Brasov, which is a very popular mountain resort and finally arriving in Brasov. Night in a 3* central hotel in Brasov. (~18km, +500m, -500m) Breakfast, lunch included.
Departure after breakfast. Train to Bucharest. End of the trip. Breakfast included.
From April to the end of October.
- Bucharest train station
- Bucharest train station
- 4 nights in cosy guest-houses in double occupancy with private facilities.
1 night in 3* central hotel in Brasov.
- Minimum of 2 people.
- Requires a medium level. Maximum of 37 km a day and 750 m of positive change in altitude. Several single-tracks.
- The transfer of your luggage is ensured. You only have to carry your things needed for the day (picnic, camera...)
- Bike rental : 65€
- Single supplement : 75€
- Private transfer from the airport to the first guesthouse in Zarnesti / from the last hotel to the airport ( for 3 people) : 110€
- Private transfer from Brasov train station to Zarnesti or from Zarnesti to Brasov train station for 3 people : 25€
- GPS tracks : 25€
- Extra-night in Bucharest 3 stars central hotel : 70€
- 5 breakfasts,4 packed lunches and 4 dinners
- luggage transfer,
- permanently reachable local assistance.
- Transfer to the meeting point and from the drop off point (Bucharest train station), bike hire, the insurances, the drinks and the personal expenses.